Dealing with the Dutch for expats and students training
Moving to another country always takes some adjustment. After the first few weeks some misunderstandings may occur and disappointment may set in because of living in a different culture. Collaboration with the Dutch is easy once you understand the cultural values that are underneath certain behavior. Help your international students or expats settle in easier by offering Mondiaal’s culture course!
What will participants take away from this training:
- You understand what culture is and how culture is expressed
- You have discussed how culture effects your way of collaborating, leadership and communication
- You recognize typical Dutch values in society, in the workplace and in collaboration and leadership
- You can recognize behaviour that may come from these values and expectations people may have from you
- How to deal with stereotyping as an obstacle for real contact.
- You have discussed typical team situations in an international/ Dutch environment you may encounter and how to deal with them
- You are able to address cultural differences in a respectful, neutral way and can come to more understanding from both sides.
For expats, international students or other newcomers
Full day interactive training with groupwork, exercises, movieclips and laughs.
English or Dutch
We use instruction and experience based learning, movie clips, knowledge sharing and peer to peer learning. The theory is based on the cultural dimensions of G.J. Hofstede: “Culture: software of the Mind”.
Online or live:
This training can be conducted online (through Zoom) for max 9 people per group or in a classroom
This training is offered live for 10-12 people in a room provided the Covid-19 measures can be assured.